District Award Honors Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity
In 2013, the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District launched the "You Are the Advantage" award to recognize community members and employees who embody the district's four core values of innovation, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
Meet our award winners ...
- California State University, Fullerton
iSTEM partnership at Rio Vista Elementary.
- Corinne Escobar Griffiths
A former teacher in our district for 15 years, Corinne also served as a long-time newspaper columnist for the Placentia News-Times and Yorba Linda Star.
- Eastside Christian Church
On two different Saturdays, over 150 volunteer members of the church cleaned eight of our schools.
- Boeing Company Intern Partnership with Val Tech Academy
Since 2005, Valencia High has partnered with Boeing to provide students in the school's Val Tech Academy hands-on, real-world experience.
- With Hope, The Amber Craig Memorial Foundation
For the last several years, the With Hope Foundation has reached out to district students who are dealing with varying degrees of suicidal ideation.
- The Shauna Ann Stuewe Memorial Foundation
- Placentia Chief of Police Rick Hicks
- R.E.A.C.H. Foundation
The R.E.A.C.H. Foundation and its President Julie Nibali exemplify the spirit of collaboration.
- St. Jude Medical Center
- Andy Crick, Valencia High School Robotics Volunteer Advisor
- Yorba Linda Sunrise Rotary
For many years, the Yorba Linda Sunrise Rotary has been a valuable contributor to PYLUSD.
- Learn for Morgan Foundation and American Heart Association
- Heartfelt Cardiac Projects
- Silva Vasquez, Good Samaritan
- Joya Scholars
- Measure A Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
These individuals have been providing oversight for the taxpayers of our community since 2008 on all district Bond Expenditures.
- Friends Church of Yorba Linda
- Alex Flavell, Valencia High School Student
- CSUF SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Center for Creativity and Critical Thinking, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, and Laurel Estrada, Title I Program Specialist
"Fun in the Sun and Under the Sea" English Language Development (ELD) art and science program at Melrose Elementary School.
- Kim Mathews, CTE Director at Santa Ana College
Kim helped with PYLUSD's applications for two California Career Pathway Trust Grants.
- Community Advisory Committee for Special Education -- Erika Hall, Maureen Brown, Chrissy Shields, and Marie Lambert
Immeasurable contributions to the leadership of that board for the past 15 years.