2021-2022 School Bus Rules
School Bus Rules
The bus driver is responsible for student safety and has the authority to enforce rules of safety. Because we do not compromise student safety, the following rules are provided. Failure to follow school bus rules may result in the loss of riding privileges without a refund.
- All bus riders will be required to wear face coverings.
- Students must practice safe physical distancing at the bus stop.
- Arrive at the pickup point a few minutes before the bus is scheduled
- Practice safe physical distancing while at the bus stop.
- Show their bus pass upon boarding.
- Use designated bus and bus stop.
- Orderly behavior is required at the bus stop.
- Obey the driver.
Aboard the bus, find a seat quickly, and remain seated at all times, facing front while the bus is in motion.
Talk Quietly - Shouting, yelling, boisterous behavior, or any unnecessary loud noise cannot be permitted. (For the safety of everyone aboard, the driver must be able to devote full attention to the road. Unnecessary conversation with the driver or creation of any distraction or disturbance will not be allowed. Students should be made aware that the safety of the whole group depends upon the proper, safe conduct of each individual.
- Littering the bus, vandalism, or throwing anything out of the bus will not be permitted.
- Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are not allowed on the bus.
- Animals - (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, etc.), glass objects, skateboards, balloons, or hazardous articles of any kind MAY NOT be carried aboard the bus.
- Never bring breakable containers, skateboards, scooters, or weapons on the bus.
- Stay in your seat at all times.
- Always wear shoes on the bus - no bare feet. (Exception: Cleats/spikes may not be worn aboard the bus.)
- Students must never play or tamper with any part of the bus or its equipment.
- Passengers should remain quiet when the bus stops and as it is crossing the railroad tracks.
- When getting off the bus, follow your driver's instructions, and always cross in front of the bus if you live on the opposite side of the street.
- As the bus arrives, students must stay in line, standing at least twelve feet back from the curb. They must not move toward the bus until it has come to a complete stop and the driver has opened the door.
Remember, riding the bus is a privilege. These general rules are in accordance with the policies of the PYLUSD and are designed to ensure maximum safety for students.
Transportation COVID-19 Protocols
- Students will be encouraged to practice physical distancing at the bus stops while waiting for the bus.
- When the bus arrives to load the students, the students will be loaded from the back of the bus. When loading, students will be seated two to a bench.
- During transport, windows will be lowered when possible to ensure appropriate ventilation during the bus ride.
- Buses will be disinfected after every run by the driver.
- All students will be required to wear face coverings.
Violation of rules of conduct will result in denial of transportation as follows:
- 1st Offense - Warning/Suspension
- 2nd Offense - 3 Days Bus Denial
- 3rd Offense - 10 Days Bus Denial
- 4th Offense - Determined by Director of Transportation
Video Observation Equipment:
In order to promote a safe environment, video cameras and recorders may be placed on school buses.