Enrollment Procedure

Parents must request a Preppy K registration packet from the school of residence.  Parents will need to provide the following documents at the time of registration:

o   Document Showing Proof of Student's Birthdate.  Proof may be a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested, or a passport, or, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district. (CA Education Code Section 48002).

o   Immunizations Record

o    Residency Verification - Residency is established by completing the Residency Verification Form and providing one of the following (CA Education Code Section 48002): 

  • Current utility bill: electric, water or Southern California Gas Co. (complete form). School may accept a Letter of Residency from Southern California Edison.
  • Current property tax or income tax documents (from the IRS, State, and/or County)
  • Escrow papers with closing date (within 90 calendar days of student entering school)
  • Rental/lease agreement or payment receipts and, if applicable, Rental Supplemental Form
  • Current payroll stub, unemployment check or evidence of disability benefits (both name and address
    must appear on the checks)
  • Current Social Services placement documents
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
  • Residency Verification Affidavit Form

All registration materials need to be completed and turned in at the school where the child will attend Preppy K. Registration dates for each of the schools varies.  Please see the chart below for additional information.