School District Announces Administrative Appointments
The Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) Board of Education is pleased to announce the following administrative appointments for the 2013-2014 school year:
• Jeremy Powell is the new director of technology. Powell is currently the senior director of information technology for Tustin Unified School District. He is a graduate of the University of California in Riverside with more than 15 years in technology administration.
• Janice Weber was named the coordinator of kindergarten through grade 12 curriculum and instruction. Weber is currently with the PYLUSD serving as the assistant principal at Travis Ranch Middle School. She is highly regarded within the district as an expert in curricula and organizational planning. In her new position, she is now part of the team that will move forward the implementation of Common Core State Standards.
• Dominique Polchow will be the new principal at Bryant Ranch Elementary School. For the past five years, Dominique has served as the principal at Nohl Canyon Elementary School, a kindergarten through sixth grade gifted and talented education magnet site in the Orange Unified School District.
• Diana McKibben is the new principal at Ruby Drive Elementary School. Diana has been in the PYLUSD for the past 14 years as a teacher, administrative designee, and Title I coordinator.
• Amy Madrigal, an International Baccalaureate teacher at Valencia High School and athletic director, was appointed as assistant principal at El Dorado High School. Amy brings a strong knowledge of instruction and student support to her new position.
• David Watts is the new assistant principal at Yorba Linda Middle School. David brings kindergarten through 12th grade experience working with staff development, technology, and program development. He most recently served at Fairmont Elementary School as assistant principal. Prior to becoming assistant principal he was a Teacher on Special Assignment with the school district’s Professional Development Academy.
• Karen Edwards is the new assistant principal at Valadez Middle School Academy. Edwards has been with the PYLUSD for the past 20 years. She began her career as a Spanish teacher and for the past 13 years served as the counselor at El Camino High School.
• Dinah Neri will be the newly-appointed assistant director of Fiscal Services. She currently serves as the payroll supervisor for the San Jacinto Unified School District. She has a diverse background in school business that will serve her well in her new position.
The appointments were approved at the July 16 school board meeting and are due to retirements or vacancies.