Building Blocks of Success Campaign
Reading and mathematics skills are the foundational building blocks for all other areas of learning, including science, social studies, and even technical fields. By building a strong foundation in these areas, students will successfully grasp more advanced, complex concepts. Help your student build a strong foundation for success, spend 20 minutes each evening practicing math fact fluency and reading with your student.
Students and families may access these resources in Clever. Sign in with a student account. Ask your student's teacher for additional resources relevant to their classroom.
- Reflex (Math Facts / Grades 1-5) and Frax (Fractions / Grades 3-6): Digital math resources that support students in a story-driven game-like atmosphere.
- ThinkCentral (Grades K-5): This resource in Clever allows students to have a personal math trainer to receive guided support with lessons.
- i-Ready Mathematics: i-Ready Mathematics is an online custom math curriculum that provides students of all ages with differentiated instruction and supports them on their individual paths to success.
- Big Ideas Math: Big Ideas Math offers a rigorous math program built on the most current and widely accepted educational research. The data-driven program is effective in ensuring positive student outcomes in mathematics.
- Benchmark Education (Grades K-5): Benchmark offers literacy resources of the highest quality for learners and educators, advancing knowledge, growth, and achievement.
- Holt McDougal Online: Holt McDougal Online provides access to online books, assessments, and resources for students and teachers.
- i-Ready Reading: i-Ready Reading is an online program that helps students of all ages become thoughtful, analytical readers. It includes lessons in foundational skills, vocabulary, and reading comprehension.
- Lexia (Resource for English Learners and Newcomers): Lexia English Language Development is an adaptive blended learning program that supports Emergent Bilingual students’ English language acquisition through academic conversations. The program integrates speaking, listening, and grammar in the subjects of math, science, social studies, general knowledge, and biographies.
- OC Public Libraries (www.ocpl.org): Visit an OC public library to check out grade-level-appropriate books for your students to read.