Public & Media Relations Specialist
Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
1301 E Orangethorpe Ave. Placentia, CA 92870
P: (714) 985-8402
WHAT WE DO
The Public and Media Relations Office is here to help. We publicize all of the great news about our award-winning district and schools. A few of the ways that we communicate include:
• Newspapers/Media – We regularly issue press releases regarding school district news.
• Social Media – Follow our daily news by checking out our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The district also maintains a business-focused LinkedIn account.
• Website – Want to know what’s happening or find a specific department? Check out our website.
• Good News Report – This website (goodnews.pylusd.org) is continuously updated with all the great things that are happening in our district. A periodic email is also sent out to parents and staff featuring recent stories, with links to even more good news.
• Smartphone App – The school district's mobile app gives the entire world access to our school district 24/7 right from their mobile phones. The app is available on both iPhone and Android devices (search for "PYLUSD" in their respective stores).
• eNews – Parents automatically receive a recurring electronic newsletter filled with all of the district's good news. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to add non-parent subscribers.
• Videos – A YouTube channel hosts district-specific videos. It also complements (and cross-promotes) school videos.
• Print Newsletter – A third-party print newsletter, School News Roll Call, is published three times a year at no cost to the district, and circulated throughout the community. It is also distributed with home subscriptions of the major newspaper in our county (OC Register).
• Phone/Text Communications – Telephone/text messages may be sent to parents a few times a month by schools and as needed by the district. We try to be respectful not to bombard families.
• Informational Campaigns – Throughout the year, we provide public relations services for planned communications campaigns on specific topics that affect the entire organization.
The Public and Media Relations Office also assists with crisis communication, organizes district-wide events and celebrations, and provides public information counsel.