More than 40 years of research consistently documents the power of immersion programs to help students attain high levels of second language proficiency. No other type of instruction, short of living in a second-language environment, is as successful. Young children especially thrive in this type of instructional environment.
Dual Language Immersion Goals:
- To develop language proficiency and biliteracy in both English and Spanish
- To ensure academic excellence and high academic achievement
- To cultivate multicultural competence, understanding, and appreciation
- To become college and career ready as bilingual, biliterate citizens
- To earn the State Seal of Biliteracy upon high school graduation