Interdistrict Transfers (Students Residing Out of District)
If you reside outside of the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) boundaries but wish for your child or grandchild to be considered for enrollment at one of the District's 34 school sites, you must first obtain an Interdistrict Attendance Agreement form from the student's home school district. The Interdistrict Attendance Agreement form must be completed and submitted to the PYLUSD Student Services office via email, fax, or in person. Completed interdistrict transfer forms may be:
- Emailed to Erica Rubalcava at [email protected], or
- Faxed to (714) 985-8758, or
- Brought in-person to the district's Student Services Office located at 1301 E Orangethorpe Ave., Placentia, CA 92870
The District starts accepting Interdistrict Attendance Agreement forms for the following school year at the same time as School Choice (intradistrict transfer period) begins. In PYLUSD, School Choice starts at the beginning of January. Families will be notified about the status of their request as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days following the beginning of the school year for which enrollment is sought. Families who apply for an interdistrict transfer during the current school year will be notified about the status of their request within 30 calendar days.
Please note, all interdistrict transfers for schools and programs are accepted based on space availability. However, the district gives priority Interdistrict Transfer enrollment to the students of employees and grandparents residing within district boundaries. Please contact Student Services at (714) 985-8670 to inquire about priority enrollment.
Families requesting an interdistrict transfer of students to a school outside of the District must first obtain a release from the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District Student Services office. Students may be granted transfer from the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District to another district for several reasons:
- When the Student Services office agrees that the student will enroll in a specific program offering of special interest not available in the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- When a student is continuing in a high school for their junior or senior year
- When a student has a sibling continuing at the school requested
- When a student moves into Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District boundaries mid-year, but wishes to continue the school year at their current school
- When a parent maintains employment in the receiving district for a minimum of 20 hours per week throughout the school year
- Or when the student's transfer is recommended for exceptional conditions whereby a student cannot reasonably attend a school in the district.
Families requesting an interdistrict transfer of students to a school outside of the District must first obtain a release from the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District Student Services office. The release should be taken to the receiving school or district, which will be responsible for notifying the parent guardian of the status of their request.
Inter District Transfer Application
Please return your completed Inter-District Transfer Application along with any supporting documents for the reason for your request.
Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
1301 E. Orangethorpe Ave.
Placentia, CA 92870
Or send via email to:
To see a full list of PYLUSD school sites, please visit www.pylusd.org/schooldirectory/.
For additional information about Inter-District Transfers, please call Student Services at (714) 985-8670.