PYLUSD Health Benefit Information
Welcome to the PYLUSD Health Benefits Page
On this page, you will find current information on all PYLUSD Health Benefits
- Employee Benefit Rates
- New Hire Benefit Packets
- Health Benefit Plan Summaries
- Open Enrollment Information
- Pharmacy Information
IMPORTANT MEDICAL COVERAGE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
IMPORTANT FACTS - MUST READ
- Employees working between 90% - 100% of a 1 FTE are required, per *Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC) rules, to enroll in a minimum of single medical coverage.
- Classified employees working less than 7.2 (permanent position) hours per day or 36 hours per week, may decline coverage.
- Employees working 50% to 89% of a 1 FTE may decline coverage (7.2 hours per day for classified staff)
- Certificated and Management employees who work less than a 100% FTE pay a higher cost for their benefits.
- Employees have 31 days from their date of hire or return to work to elect coverage.
- If you have declined benefits since 2018, you will be on a SISC grandfather list allowing you to decline benefits each year. However, once you come off of that list by choosing coverage, you must select at least single coverage in the future.
Please contact Viveka (Vee) Rodriguez - Health Benefit Technician at 714-985-8476 or [email protected] for further information.
* Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC) is the District's medical insurance provider